Hi internet friends, I’ve missed you.
Instead of trying to cram a week’s worth of food, beer and running into a single post, just rest assured that even though I haven’t been on the blog scene so much this week, I have still been trying to maintain the CTT lifestyle, even amid the insanity that is my job.
Take today for example: I had a pretty decent run followed by a more-than-decent beer, and an even more that decenter slice of pie. But I’m getting ahead of myself.
Let’s start with breakfast.
- Coffee – we’re out of filters so I’ve been using paper towels. I imagine I’ve ingested a good amount of towel bits as well as coffee this week.
- Smoothie. Kate, in her infinite wisdom, alerted me to Trader Joe’s berry medley. Dap!
- Handful of almonds. Yeah, I just find it’s good to consume something binding, if you get me.
- New fun compression socks. I can’t say they whether or not they improved my performance, but I sure felt rad wearing them. And we all know that’s what counts.
- New handheld water bottle. I like it a lot. Like, infinitely more than than the waist pack. Still mildly annoying, but tolerable.
- My old friends: sunglasses, visor and Lulu.
I really wanted to run 20 miles today but I slept in and didn’t hit the road until after 10:00. It was hotter than I would have liked, but really I just wasn’t feeling it. Dig?
I didn’t feel anything like guilt or regret when I turned back early. All I felt was…relief. Body says 14; okay body, you win. We’ll do 14.
I’m sort of thinking maybe I should have gone out on a high note and just called it quitsies after that blissful 18 miler. As it is, I’m not feeling as confident now as I was a few weeks ago.
But, everyone’s been telling me that if I can do 18 I can do 26.2. So, everybody? Let the taperin’ begin.
Now…back to that post-race snack…
Gumball Head and Pumpkin Pie.
THE HUSBAND made this yesterday while I was out with the FIDO crew. We got a little pie pumpkin from our co-op this week and he made the filling from scratch. Isn’t that cute? I told him now that we’ve discovered his hidden talent, he should start baking for me more often. I think his response was something to the effect of “you wish.”
Exactly three weeks until M-Day. Any words of wisdom?