Since I’m not drinking any beer this week (and since you last four readers are probably sick of hearing me whine and cry), I thought it’d be fun to reminisce about some of the beers I’ve loved. In no particular order. Except the first one.
1. 3 Floyds’ Broo Doo Harvest Ale. 7% ABV/80 IBU.
I would actually make love to this beer if that wasn’t frowned upon/weird/wouldn’t cause injury/infection. I tried if the first time last year at a beer tasting, and then this year’s harvest on draft at Patrick’s Kitchen last week.
2. 3 Floyds’ Pride and Joy Mild Ale. 5% ABV/42 IBU.
Big flavor; a sessiony favorite.
3. Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. 9% ABV/90 IBU.
This is the one that triggered my obsession; broke my craft beer cherry, if you will. It was back in 2007 after the annual company golf outing. Never looked back.
4. 3 Floyds’ Dreadnaught. 9.5%ABV/100 IBU
Will she shut up about the Dreadnaught already??
5. Bell’s Two Hearted Ale. ABV: 7%/56 IBU.
I tried this for the first time at the Indy Microbrew Fest a couple years ago. It’s my go-to session beer, light on the IBUs but plenty of flavor.
6. 3 Floyds’ Apocalypse Cow. 11% ABV/100 IBUs.
More like Apocalypse Wow! (Sorry.) Spiked with lactose milk sugar, packed with flavor yet velvety smooth.
7. North Coast Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout. 9%ABV/75 IBU.
Daddi dai dai.
8. Hercules DIPA. 10% ABV/85 IBU.
Hoppity, crisp, smooth, delightful.
9. Oaken Barrel Alabaster Belgian White (right). 5% ABV/10 IBU.
The only white I’ve ever liked.
10. Southern Tier Heavy-weizen. 7.5% ABV/40 IBU.
Except this one. A double white, if you will. Lemons, bananas and cloves –oh my!
11. Boulder Mojo Risin’ (left). 10.5% ABV/95 IBU.
A souped-up version of the Mojo IPA, this has everything I like in a beer – citrusy, floral hops and plenty of booze.
12. Stone Old Guardian (2nd from left). 11.3% ABV/95 IBU
THE quintessential barley wine.
13. Stone Double Bastard (far right). 10.5% ABV/ 95 IBU.
Because, why have one bastard when you can have two?
14. Brew Dog Punk IPA. 6% ABV/60 IBU
Kicks you in the mouth and then insults your mother.
15. New Albanian Hoptimus. 10.7% ABV/100 IBU.
Had this on draft at Gravity Head Fest in New Albany. Word.