Angry Runner tagged me in one of these stupid meme thingies and since I don’t have anything else to talk about today, I’m game. (I’m also money and I don’t even know it.)
I have to answer the seven questions below and then come up with my OWN seven questions and then unload them on seven of my unsuspecting jerk friends.
Gawd. It’s like asking someone you hardly know to help you move.
1. Name one movie you’d never watch again even if someone paid you.
I add movies to our Netflix queue all willy-nilly and it has come back to bite me in the ass more than once. I’ve seen a LOT of bad movies, but I’d probably watch even the worst of them one more time if someone paid me. (Because I’m easy like that.)
There are some really, really dumb romantic comedies out there, the Invention of Lying, the Breakup; and I’ve seen some really disturbing foreign thriller/horror films, Irreversible, Martyrs; they weren’t BAD movies per se, but I probably wouldn’t watch them again.
I did watch several excruciating minutes of SATC 2 on the plane back from Europe – only after devouring every other book and movie in my possession – and I had to shut it off. That’s right. I chose to sit and stare at the seat in front of me rather than finish watching that movie. So I guess I’d say that one.
2. Name 5 fictional characters you want to have dinner with. And TELL ME WHY.
Damn. Fictional? I hate you.
Matilda. She seems like a cool kid, and there aren’t many of those running around.
Major _____ de Coverley. So I could ask him his first name.
Clinton Tyree, a/k/a Skink. A recurring character in Carl Hiaasen novels. He is a Florida ex-governor who becomes disenchanted by corruption and disappears one day into the swamps. He is smart and funny and eats roadkill and listens to good music.
Mac from Sunny. Because he only works out his glamour muscles just like me.
Dexter. I feel no explanation is necessary.
John Lee Pettimore III. A backwoods moonshiner from that Steve Earle song. 20 bucks says you’ve heard the song but never knew who sang it.
3. Give me a race on your “must do” list.
An RNR. Or somewhere beautiful like Hawaii. Or something really brutal just for bragging rights. Like the Badwater Ultra.
4. Any races you’ve done that you will never ever do again? Why?
I don’t think I’ve done enough races to say I’d never do one again. I always say I don’t wanna do the 500 Festival Mini Marathon anymore, but I keep signing up for it.
5. Cake vs. Pie: Your pick?
Pecan pie with vanilla bean ice cream and a coffee stout.
6. Last meal – what would it be? AND YOU ARE ON DEATH ROW SO MAKE IT CREATIVE.
A mean Beyoncé cleanse. Just to totally screw over whoever has to clean me up after I’m dead.
Just kidding. Refer to question #5.
7. Favorite book to movie adaptation ever? Least favorite?
Best: Fight Club, A Clockwork Orange, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Worst: The Time Traveler’s Wife. (The book? Was punk rock. The movie? Was saccharine Rachel McAdams. A total suckfest.)
And my questions:
1. Just who the hell do you think you are? No really.
2. Who is your favorite person you have met via blogging/internet (besides me, obviously).
3. Do you remember that one episode of Twilight Zone where that girl is driving and she has a flat tire and that guy stops to help her, but then there’s this weird hitchhiker and he keeps showing up and then it turns out she’s dead? That was awesome. Okay, but seriously. I liked AR’s fictional characters question, so I’ll put that one to you guys as well.
4. I need an idea for a Christmas dinner side item to go with ham. Thoughts?
5. What are you proud of?
6. What’s your poison?
7. What question do you WISH I had asked you?