The way I see it, there are several possible routes you can go when writing an end-of-year blog post.
- You can reflect on the past year of your life as an excuse to re-post all your favorite and most flattering photos of yourself.
- You can demonstrate how mature and sophisticated you are, sharing details of a classy and intimate dinner with your most grownup friends, not failing to mention how you drank one glass of wine, only a sip of champagne and closed out the night with a snugglefest on the sofa with your hubby.
- You can post about your 2011 blog stats, using that helpful email WordPress sent you about an hour ago.
- Inasmuch as you are above such arbitrary celebrations, you can whine about how much 2011 sucked and try to make everyone else feel like an asshole for having a good time.
- You can do a this year/last year comparison, allowing you to post more gratuitous photos of your new baby friend.
Guess which one I chose.
Last New Year’s Eve…
This New Year’s Eve…
Happy New Year, bitches.