I stole this blog post idea from Maggie, but it’s a damn shame because I really don’t have anything very compelling on my DVR right now.
As a sidenote, I often find myself saying that I’m going to “tape” a show instead of “DVR” it. My kids aren’t even going to understand what that means. They also aren’t going to understand mix tapes, or land lines, or that Will Smith was a recording artist before he was an actor.
A few things:
- The first six are kid shows. I have no idea what parents did before DVR.
- We don’t have HBO because we’re peasants, but we do have a free preview of some premium channels right now so we record the shows we enjoy but never get to watch like Bill Maher and John Oliver, but then we also record a bunch of shit shows because they’re free. They rarely turn out to be worth watching (looking at you, The Purge 2).
Okay, here’s the list:
- Sesame Street
- Dinosaur Train
- Sid the Science Kid
- Wild Kratts (my current favorite in the kids category)
- Yo Gabba Gabba
- Curious George
- The Daily Show
- Louie (The best thing currently on television.)
- Intervention (guilty pleasure)
- Bar Rescue (NO APOLOGIES)
- Last Week Tonight
- A Million Ways to Die in the West (Not even sure what this is. Husband?)
- The Purge 2: Anarchy (The first one was only moderately awful so I’m confident the sequel will be a cinematic masterpiece.)
- Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief (Heard so much about this, dying to watch it.)
- Real Time With Bill Maher (Because duh.)
- Neighbors (I would only recommend this to the cataclysmically stoned and/or Zac Effron fans.)
- 2015 Boston Marathon (I have watched the beginning and end but I’m keeping it on the recorder on the off chance that I have a spare four hours to watching everything in between.)
Anything else I SIMPLY MUST add to the list?